Cold and Planetary

Hallowe'en initiates a time of year that I hold very dear. November has this cold liminal feeling to it that I absolutely adore, which is succeeded by illuminated nature of Yuletide. To properly describe the feeling of this time of year would not do it justice, but it is an aesthetic. Sylvia Plath’s “The Moon and the Yew Tree” best describes it:

The light of the mind, cold and planetary.
The trees of the mind are black. The light is blue.
So to kick off this time of year (which honestly is a misnomer, November ends in approximately one week and five days) I’ll be posting about various subjects that pertain to it. I hope that I can successfully convey my internal reaction in an intelligent and mind-captivating manner to you readers. On the docket (so to speak) I’m pulling together some information that will hopefully result in an informative article about Mother Holle known as Frau Holle. Additionally I hope to post some recipes, lore, and such items that will be of particular interest.

0 comments: